Join our team and make a difference!
Part Time / Full Time
You have an opportunity to be a part of a small but dedicated team that is focused on making an invaluable difference in the lives of children diagnosed with Autism. There is no other work environment like that of the Woodbury community. If you are a team player and focused on instigating positive change, you belong with us.
Every day at Woodbury is different and your role will offer a varied and interesting caseload. With small class sizes and high teacher to student ratio, we are focused on making real differences to every student’s learning, adequately preparing them for transition into a less supported setting. A large focus is placed on student wellbeing, ensuring that each student has the appropriate supports in place to foster development and growth.
Due to the growth and expansion of Woodbury, we are seeking two enthusiastic, passionate and caring Speech Pathologists to join our team of special educators, behaviour analyists, speech pathologists and therapists.
- 1 x Speech and Language Pathologist at Woodbury (K-6 school, Baulkham Hills)
- 1x Speech and Language Pathologist at Ruben’s Place (early intervention for 3-6 year-olds, Bella Vista)
- School based position, no weekend work
- Full or Part time with flexible working days
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Speech Pathology Degree
- Be eligible for Speech Pathology Australia Membership
- Have an interest in working with children with Autism in a school-based setting
- Be committed to personal and professional quality improvement through mentorship and collaboration with an experienced speech pathologist and clinical team.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to work collaboratively in an integrated setting consisting of special educators, behaviour analysts, therapists, and parents.
- Keep up to date with current research and identify areas for further professional development.
- Have good interpersonal skills and demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a small team
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a team and promote co-operation across multiple roles within the school environment
- Have interest in working with/learning to work with children with Autism, specifically using behaviour analysis
- Have interest in working/learning to work with Augmentative and Alternative Communication and echolalia
- Have interest in learning about NDIS and person-centred planning
- Demonstrate good time management and organisation skills
- Demonstrate a happy, caring and positive personality
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Prioritising your own caseload, without adhering to billable hours
- Limited NDIS involvement, compared to private practice
- Brains trust of a strong, onsite clinical team – SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT!
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging and tax-free deductions.
- Superannuation, annual leave, and other workplace entitlements.
- Continued professional development opportunities.
- Remuneration for professional development.
- Diverse workload and fast-paced work environment.
- Chance to provide training for your team and parents.
- Flexibility of school based hours aligned with term schedules
- Flexible work arrangements in school holidays
- Centre based model with no travel required.
- Supportive, collaborative multidisciplinary work atmosphere.
- Safe and enjoyable workplace
- Values driven workplace
Become a driving force for change at Woodbury and be part of a community that’s dedicated to unlocking potential, fostering growth, and making a real difference in the lives of our students.
Your journey starts here!
To embark on this rewarding journey, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For inquiries, call 02 9639 6152. Please note that we are on break from the 19th December 2023 until the 22nd January. Please still send through your resumes through this time as you will hear from Jenna on your return.